My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattdturner.com/wordpress
and update your bookmarks.

AdSense

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stylus-R-Us BestStylus Review

Before I start, if you just want a list of pro's and con's for the stylus follow this link.

When I purchased my new iPad 2, I knew that I wanted to get the best stylus possible.  I use the iPad mostly for note taking right  now, and my finger just wasn't sufficient for taking hand-written notes on the tablet.  I spent a good amount of time researching various styli and reading reviews for the various styli.

I read a lot of good reviews for the Targus and Boxwave styli, however I still wasn't convinced.  Near the end of my search I happened upon a review of the styli sold at Stylus-R-Us (www.beststylus.com/).  The videos I watched of these styli seemed too good to be true.  And then I read reviews for the company.  Every single review that I saw for the company read as if it were a marketing ploy, and not a real review.

Well, I gave in and went ahead and purchased the New Hampshire stylus from Stylus-R-Us (the black one in the picture below).

The stylus was shipped within 24 hours of the order being placed, and arrived within 5 business days.  Overall, I would have to say that the customer service and shipping times were excellent.  The shipping notification email comes with many PDF files attached, explaining how to use the stylus properly, how to clean the stylus tip, etc.

When I started using the stylus, the first thing I noticed was that it was much lighter than I expected.  Then within 30 minutes of use I had to "revive" the tip with the included piece of velcro.  Needless to say, I was a bit frustrated.  I came to realize that when I write, I apply quite a bit of pressure.

I tried training myself to write with less pressure, but I just can't write like that.  So after 2 days of using the Stylus-R-Us stylus, I gave up and bought the a Targus stylus from the nearby Best Buy store; and I very much prefer the Targus Stylus.

To be fair, the Stylus-R-Us styli work exactly as advertised.  They also have many notices on their site saying that the styli require a minuscule amount of pressure to work, and that applying too much pressure will cause dead spots.

To sum up:
Pros
Stylus requires very little pressure to work (pro or con depending on personal preference)
Excellent customer support
Product works as advertised

Cons
Stylus requires very little pressure to work (pro or con depending on personal preference)
Applying too much pressure causes dead spots
Stylus is very light

Conclusion: This stylus can be exactly what you are looking for, if you are ok applying a minuscule pressure.  Otherwise, I advise staying away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment