My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mattdturner.com/wordpress
and update your bookmarks.

AdSense

Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Fix for Broken Bluetooth in Mac OS X

After updating my Mac to OS 10.6.7, I ran into a problem where the bluetooth on the computer would completely fail. I tried many times to disconnect and re-connect my mouse and keyboard, but the problem still persisted.

I tried deleting the pairing and re-pairing the devices, but I would get the following message:

”The pairing attempt was unsuccessful. This configuration of Mac OS X and Bluetooth software could be invalid or unsupported.”



Resetting the SMC seemed to fix the problem.

To summarize the steps listed in the link, do the following to reset the SMC on your MacBook:

  • Shut down the computer.
  • Ensure that the MagSafe power adapter is connected to the computer.
  • On the built-in keyboard, press the left Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  • Release all keys and the power button at the same time.
  • Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment